Directions from the A303
- Take A359 exit from roundabout at Sparkford, south towards Queen Camel.
- Pass through Queen Camel and continue to next village of Marston Magna. In centre of village turn left into Rimpton Road,
when main road bends to the right by the church, signed to Sandford Orcas and stay on this road for approx 2 1/2 miles.
- You will enter Sandford Orcas from the Northern end with the church and Manor House high on your left.
- There is a raised grassy bank on the left and The Alders is then on the right, 50 metres past the church.
Directions from the A30
- From A30 in Sherborne take the B3148 from the traffic lights towards Marston Magna.
- Stay on this road for 2.4 miles, and then just past Pearce Seeds Ltd, on your right, turn right, signposted to Sandford Orcas.
- After approx. 1 mile you will come past some commercial greenhouses on your left, turn right at the T junction and come down
into the village through tree covered banked cutting, and at the T junction in the centre of the village, turn left signed
towards the Manor House.
- The Alders is then about 120 metres on the left-hand side after a pair of cottages. You will see view of church in front of you.
There are brick entrance piers with AA and Tourist Board signs, at the end of a high stone wall and the entrance drive drops down,
with gravelled parking area for guests at the bottom on the right.